Are you planning a trip to India and wondering how to get your visa sorted? Look no further! Delhi, the vibrant capital city of India, offers a convenient and hassle-free option for travelers with its Visa on Arrival facility. In this ultimate guide, we will walk you through everything you need to know about Indian Visa on Arrival in Delhi – from eligibility criteria and required documents to application process and fees. So sit back, relax, and let us help you make your journey to India smooth sailing!
Overview of Indian Visa on Arrival in Delhi
The Indian visa on arrival in Delhi is a great option for those who want to visit India without having to go through the hassle of applying for a traditional visa. The visa on arrival allows you to stay in India for up to 30 days and can be obtained at the airport upon arrival. However, there are a few things to keep in mind when applying for a visa on arrival in Delhi.
First, you will need to have a valid passport with at least six months remaining before expiration. You will also need to have two blank pages in your passport for the visa stamp. Additionally, you will need to provide proof of onward travel out of India, as well as proof of sufficient funds to support your stay. You will need to complete an online application form and submit it at least four days prior to your arrival in India. Indian Visa on Arrival in Delhi
Eligibility Requirements for Indian Visa on Arrival
To be eligible for an Indian visa on arrival, you must:
– Be a citizen of one of the 43 countries eligible for the visa on arrival program
– Hold a valid passport with at least 6 months remaining before expiration
– Have a return ticket or onward journey ticket
– Have sufficient funds to cover your stay in India
– Meet the other general requirements for entry into India
Documents required for Indian Visa on Arrival
To apply for an Indian Visa on Arrival, you will need to submit the following documents:
-A valid passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity and at least 2 blank pages.
-A completed and signed Indian Visa Application form.
-A recent passport-sized photograph.
-Proof of onward travel out of India, such as a flight itinerary or train/bus ticket.
-Proof of sufficient financial means to support your stay in India, such as bank statements or a credit card statement.
Processing Time and Fees
The Indian Visa on Arrival (VoA) facility is available at select airports in India. It allows citizens of certain countries to apply for a visa upon arrival in India. The maximum stay allowed on a VoA is 30 days.
The processing time for a VoA is usually around 4-5 working days. However, it is advisable to apply for a VoA at least 2 weeks in advance to avoid any last minute rush.
The cost of a VoA is USD 60 per person. In addition, there is a service fee of INR 3,000 (USD 45) that has to be paid at the time of application. This fee is non-refundable and covers the cost of processing the visa application and issuing the visa. Indian Visa for Chile Citizens
How to Apply for Indian Visa on Arrival
Assuming you are a citizen of one of the following countries – Bhutan, Nepal, Maldives, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam or Philippines – you are eligible for an Indian visa on arrival. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to apply for an Indian visa on arrival in Delhi:
1. Start by filling out the application form on the official website of the Government of India. The form must be completed in English and should be submitted at least four days before your date of travel.
2. Once the form is completed, print it out and bring it with you to the Delhi airport. You will need to present the printed form, along with your passport and two recent passport photographs, at the immigration counter.
3. After your documents have been checked, you will be asked to pay the visa fee (in US dollars) using either a credit card or cash.
4. Once the payment has been processed, you will receive a slip of paper which you will need to keep with your passport. This slip is valid for 60 days from the date of issue and allows you to stay in India for up to 30 days.
5. When you arrive in Delhi, go through immigration and present your slip of paper along with your passport at the Visa on Arrival counter. You will then be issued an electronic travel authorization (ETA), which is valid for 30 days from the date of arrival in India.
Alternatives to Indian Visa on Arrival
There are a few alternatives to the Indian Visa on Arrival in Delhi. One option is to get a tourist visa from an Indian consulate or embassy outside of India. This can be done by either going in person or applying online. Another option is to get a business visa, which allows for multiple entries into India over the course of one year. This is generally for those who have business dealings in India or need to travel there frequently for work. There is the e-Visa, which is an electronic visa that can be obtained before arrival in India.
Applying for an Indian visa on arrival in Delhi is a simple process if you have all the necessary documents and information. You need to fill out the online application form, provide your passport details, proof of travel, and pay the applicable fees. Once approved, you can collect your visa from the designated airport upon arrival in India. We hope this guide was useful in helping you understand everything that goes into getting an Indian Visa on Arrival in Delhi. Good luck!